How misleading can this seller be?

I reported this to ebay, not that they'll do anything.

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

Well he clearly states that he's only selling one. And if you look at his other auctions, he has all 4 for sale, separately. I don't see the problem. If a person thinks they're bidding on a whole set, it's their problem for not reading the first sentence in the ad.

And no I'm not affiliated with the seller. I just know how hard it is to photograph polished stainless.

MB

Reply to
mbstude

Matt,

If I own 4 Studes, but only want to sell one, how many will I show in the ad?

Sorry, the picture should be of the item in that auction, not one that is, and three others that are in OTHER auctions...

Photographing shiny bits is a problem?

Shiny things make the best pictutres!

DM

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

Selling a car is a bit different than selling a piece of trim...

And yes, photographing polished stainless isn't easy. It's like taking a picture of a mirror. You end up seeing what is reflected rather than the piece of trim.

FWIW, I have a prototype '50 Commander wheelcover that I would love to take pictures of for use in publication. But I can't think of anyway to possibly do it.

MB

Reply to
mbstude

Use two (equal powered) lights that illuminate the subject from an angle of 45° on each side.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Matthew,

C'mon!

Shooting a MIRROR can be done easily.

You set up at an angle to the piece. When I say 'angle', I mean about 45º, or shallower.

At 90º, or 'straight on', you are correct about the reflection. The key is not to produce one...

Oblique lighting also helps. These jag-off digital cams with their flash only an inch from the lens also cause problems.

Use extra lights, the 'softer' the better. Bouncing light off a white reflector will soften it

Look at the lighting CNN uses on cable TV. They achieve this using flourescent 'soft boxes.'

Dave

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser