I just bought a new Studebaker !!!

Exactly ! Yesterday I bought a new Studebaker. What is it you ask ?....A 1963 Cruiser. I bought this car from the local dealer's widow. This car was sold from the factory to the Studebaker dealership and was never sold to a private party. It has from time to time, in its illustriast life had a dealer plate, and somewhat more recently, a repair plate. The bill of sale will actually come on the Studebaker dealership stationary, and will "really" not be sold by the dealership, but.....it is a topic of conversation.......

Reply to
jbreen

If you end up being given a Studebaker Certificate of Origin (Factory Title), it would be really neat to see a scan or picture of it. (Even if you block out the serial number)

I don't know if factories issued Certificates of Origin back in the 1960's? I recall my parents using them to apply for title on the two new cars they bought in the 1970's, though.

If you get one, I'd definitely try to talk the license branch or state authority into letting you keep it!

Reply to
Kevin Wolford

Don't forget to list it in the new Cruiser Registry:

Mark

65 Cruiser
Mark Anderson

I'd let him keep the MSO or Title...statement of facts for Historic Americana reason. The DMV Lady, Rhonda(Ca)

Reply to
Red2ubabe