Idiots <OT>

Funny thing happened last week. On Airport Road a guy in a new GTO pulled up to a light next to a Mustang GT with darkened windows and started revving his engine, trying to get the guy in the Mustang to race. The light changed and the GTO took off, pulling ahead of the Mustang and then pulling into the left lane to avoid a truck, barely avoiding hitting the Mustang.

The Highway Patrolman in the Mustang then turned on enough blue lights for a whole police department.

Couple of morals to that story, first just don't street race on a busy public road, second don't street race unless you can actually see whoever you are racing, the Patrolman was wearing his uniform, complete with hat.

Wonder if in a couple of months a Patrolman is going to be driving that GTO... the state loves to steal cars from idiots (and anyone else they can come up with an excuse).

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

I like "baiting" idiots. stopped at an intersection, you see or sense a law enforcement officer, you are next to a potential idiot, both y'all are first at the light, you rev your engine as to make a drag strip launch, the light turns green, they haul ass, you drive away like somebody's grandpa, they get the "blue light special"

Jeff DeWitt wrote:

Reply to
oldcarfart

Calvin, only an a$$hole would do something like that. I've done it many times. LOL

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Back in the 50's a friend of mine once watched the man next to him at the red light, put a cigarett to his lips and strike a match to light it. When the guy was looking at his ciggie and lighting it, my friend slipped his clutch and started forward as if the light had turned green, The other guy started out thinking he had missed the light change. my friend only went a few feet and stopped. The othey guy made a panic stop a few feet father. (:-)

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Reply to
itraseecab