Ignition switch repair/conversion

I know it's been posted previously, and thought I printed it, but can't find. Can anyone help me with the part numbers to repair/replace my ignition switch? If I remember correctly, a NAPA number, I believe for MOPARS, which can be disassembled and used in the Stude housing. Any help will be much appreciatated. Thx, tempestan

Reply to
tempestan

NOT disassembled.. slips right in. will have to find application years for you today, I got a few but they are not OTC numbers that you can find at your flaps.. --Shiva--

Reply to
me

The generic switch is a NAPA KS6180. It has the same rear and innards as your ignition switch. Only part that isn't correct is, of course, the key and screw on bezel. You have to remove the works from both switches and swap them, so you can use the spring loaded bezel and key, for your Stude.

I've tried this and could not figure out a way to 'expand' the pot metal housing to release the workings, that is, without breaking something. There is a way to do it, as I've been told by a former NAPA store Owner, that he knew a guy that could and did do it for him. However, he is long gone and so is the secret. There might be a tool to accomplish this but ?

I gave up and sprung for a new one from Collins.

Reply to
SilverStude