Interesting 58L on E-bay

According to the seller's description (read the text), this car has a supercharger and air conditioning! Then look at the clear photos of the engine compartment and dash! Hmmmm...

bobcaripalma

It has 2 (Yes, two!) blowers. One for the heater,and one for the defroster.

Freddy

Reply to
Freddy Badgett

Heh... Looks like the heater hose is a "closed loop" as well...

JT

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Grumpy AuContraire

Did these really come with the 289, or is that the Packard 352 in it?

JoeH.

JoeH

He says the engine hasn't been turned over since '93,but under additional comments,says it hasn't been run for 4 years. This whole ad looks deceptive.Buyer Beware!!!

Reply to
52hawk

The 352 was long gone by this time..

JT

JoeH wrote:

Grumpy AuContraire

Mike Williams

Someone once said "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" Obviously, the seller did a little homework, just enough to try to sell it to someone. Like the way the lily is gilded?

Bob

Reply to
bob m

Wolf in sheep's clothing ! Of the 58 sedans, the black cars never came with the jewel beige interior. Looks as though the car was originally painted two tone....white gold with a parchment white roof (check out firewall behind motor for correct color). Then the jewel beige interior would be correct. Carpet, seat covers, cloth insert on doors, and front seat belts are not correct or original. Motor is not the correct color and spark plugs look painted. If this car had the supercharger set up on it.....he must have a spare water mainfold....the one on the car is not the correct one for the set up. Also it is missing the grounding copper leads on the hood. This is what I see with a two minute snap shot in viewing the photos........not telling what one can find after a 30 viewing of the car in person.

Reply to
58packardwagon

He also says he will answer any e-mail. I wrote 3 and still waiting for something MORE than an autoresponse. I think someone is gonna get more than they bargained for in more than one way!

John

Reply to
johnnywiffer