Is it down again? What's the problem, Bob?

Help me understand what the deal is with the SDC Forum.

Reply to
zoombot
1) The site is run on a server based in the webmaster's house that does not have any redundancy (power, drives, access to the internet, etc.). 2) I believe the program used to host the forum is Freeware (you get what you pay for). 3) There is no log noting outages and the cause and very little notice for scheduled maintenance. 4) Webmaster brings the site down for maintenance when it's convenient for him, not his customers. 5) Webmaster ignores any help and suggestions from people who do this type of work for a living. 6) The SDC only pays $600/mo. to do the job, which also must cover any/all expenses incurred by the webmaster... virtually eliminating anybody with any type of networking skills from applying for the job. 7) Nobody complains, and when they do they get their ass chewed by the webmaster's buddies... who will then pat him on the back for doing a fine job when it comes back up.

That's just off the top of my head... other than that everything is fine.

Lee

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Lee, you know darn well that people have complained many times. There have been 8 threads here about Forum problems. There have been threads on the Forum, and I posted on another today. I've emailed Bob personally when there are problems. If you want to put Bob down, at least get the facts right.

Reply to
zoombot

Please correct me where I'm wrong. Because from what I've been told and know nothing I stated is untrue. So "zoombot" tell me where my facts are incorrect.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Don't bait me! You can read the forum yourself and see the threads now.

Reply to
zoombot

In other words, you're disagreeing with me but can't dispute any of my comments.

Where are these threads discussing the recent outages? Because I don't see any.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

, but I am stupid, and have no idea what is

Hey! I like 'em big and stupid. But ya need to work on the big part before we meet again

Reply to
RebelStude