Lawn Mower Lawsuit

Got a tiny post card in the mail a couple of weeks ago.... It said: "If you bought a lawn mower between this date and that date, you may be entitled to compensation"....yada yada yada.. The wife looked at it and said "Well, we bought at least two in that timeframe".. So...After ignoring the card for two weeks, I decided to check it out online. It's all legit. I had to register...then list the lawn tractor model, s/n, engine model number and s/n....Fro each tractor. Good thing we keep good records, as it was as easy as pulling two manila folders out and writing down the numbers... The payoff? $75 for each tractor (or an extended warranty offer....hah!). That'll go right into mower blades, as the sandy soil down here in the SE literally eats 2 or 3 sets of blades a year. Funny thing is, I scrapped the one lawn tractor over a year ago.... (But will gladly accept the settlement.). Jeff PS: If you bought a lawn mower, or riding lawn mower in the last 5 years, you too might be involved... Check it out at:

Deepnhock

Ok I have a push behind lawnmower, got it 6 or 8 years ago...A Yardman at Home Hardware in Canada...I always hated to have to push it...

So...Does it get this deal you got Jeff ???

Runs good on reg. gas too...

Married to an American if that will help me...

Lansing

Reply to
Lansing

Interesting thing...... Get a card in the mail... Read it. Get the info on what is in my inventory. Go to the appropriate website and fill in the boxes. Share the experience with others (on a couple of forums). Find out there are those that refuse to partake because they have issues with lawyers. Find out there are those that refuse to partake because they feel the engine manufacturers did nothing wrong. Strange way to make a statement.

Reply to
Deepnhock

Thanks Jeffy, did mine yesterday. Bought a new riding mower last year and it is on the list... Yeah, the sand eats up blades..I go thru them in one season or less if it rains a lot. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George