Lee D. scores big

I'll let him share the details, but he bought a rare find at the Michigan auction this AM. Hint: One of about 7 built this way in 63. Also picked up a bargain for another NG'er. JP/Maryland Studebaker On the Net

My Ebay items:
Daytona HT

63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) 63 R1 GT Hawk 63 Avanti R1 63 Avanti R2 63 Daytona convert 62 Lark 2 door 60 Hawk 60 Lark Convert 57 Silver Hawk 51 Commander 50 Champion
Reply to
John Poulos

you done good!

if you get to the point where you want to sell that little red wagon, let me know.

BTW that shift ball looks a little large, does that have a Hurst shifter? if so could you let me know what lever?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I've been looking through the other pics... I really shouldn't have... I wanna save that Terra...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Damn N8, it is a Hurst.

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

All I can say is THANK YOU Lee for helping me!! It has been a busy day around here,prepping and painting the underside of my new hood for the

  1. Paint fume buzz!!!!!! Bought a little 91 Cutlass,mint interior,112,000 highway miles,threw a couple of tires on it and cleaned it up.Purchase price was 400 bucks,put it out in a friends driveway on a very busy street for 1000 or best offer.Had a phone call in 45 minutes,a second in 1.5 hours,and a third in 4 hours,and he bought it! We have moved them in as oon as 24 hours,but this is a new record! ANYTHING we clean up and put out there for 1000 or less moves quick. I Love it!!! Thanks again Lee for the assist on the Wagon!
Reply to
Mertz Racing

Thanks, N8! Actually, we've decided (or I have) that my convertible is going away and we are keeping the 2 '63 wagons, the cop car and the Avanti. I've got 3 other ragtops here so it makes sense for me to get rid of the clone....

it appears to be an original shifter. The ball does look big but, I believe it is correct. I'll verify that against the NOS shifter ball I have here when I get the car home in the AM.

Lee

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Other than the intake manifold and the left head missing, that Terra was one HELL of a solid truck. Too bad the local scrap dealer bought it.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

looks like a flat Hurst lever in the pix to me.

Lee wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

If it keeps Julie happy, it was well worth it, buddy!

See you in the morning to move those two beauties to their new homes!!!

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

I remember it being the specially bent bench seat round lever but I was high on a purchase buzz ... I'll verify what it has tomorrow... when I worked the shifter, it definitely felt like a Stude unit

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

I zoomed in, looks like factory now.

Lee wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

OK.... my full sized pix are still out in the truck on the laptop....

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

You landed an outstanding project and the numbers match too. It was ordered with the R2 engine, but without the extra "performance package". In 2002 the car resided in Algonquin IL. I do not know where you live, maybe somewhere close. When they did the repaint a number of years ago they painted it blue metallic. It originally came (BM) Blue Mist. Outstanding find !!!! Please keep it original/unmodified. Also I love the front bench seat. What a sleeper.

Reply to
58packardwagon

The Jet Thrust registry had it as a silver mist (SM) car. 4 speed, HD suspension, TT, tach disk brakes. A few months later and it would have almost have been a package car as ordered, but it was too early.

58packardwag> You landed an outstanding project and the numbers match too. It was
Reply to
John Poulos