Leo is on all fours again - pix next post

Jim Turner disc brakes, 1-1/8" sway bar, '75 GM Van tilt coluum (smoothed down with no shift lever and no gear indicator) pushing an '85 Sky Hawk rack & pinion and American Daisy Spoke Alum. wheels W/3 bar KO's wraped with 205

65 R15 Goodyear rubber.
Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Looks superb Jerry!

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Is that an "off-the-shelf" stabilizer bar? It appears to be welded just beyond the bushings...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Mine looked that good once.

Beautiful work, Jerry... hope nobody notices the... butch... er... modifications.

Reply to
Dave's Place

I guess you could say it's off the shelf. Actually, I found it laying out behind the shop. It has not been welded on and is off a mid eighties GM intermidiate (sp). Same setup all us Stude modifiers use.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

How do I find the photos?

Thanks Bill

Reply to
Bill Glass

I don't have a website or a photo hoster. I would be glad to email them to you but I really don't think you would be interested because it is a highly modified Stude. Other than the basic outside shape, I am changeing almost everything about the car. It's gonna have a '53 front end and a winged Hawk dash. Nosed and decked and I have done away with all the side moldings. I have all new tempered and tinted side glasses but am waiting until I finish all the cuting and welding before I install my new Histerical er I mean Historic Automotive Interiors headliner. Then I can order a new tinted and shaded windshild and install that and the back glass. I like to leave the front and back glasses out until after the headliner is installed so I can pull it good-n-tight and glue it to the pinch weld. I have seen a lot of headliners installed without pulling the front and rear windscreens. They just tuck the headliner up under the rubber and it looks like fido's ass.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Ewwwwwwwww!

Reply to
Dave's Place

It looks like a real clean installation and one that I would want to consider for the '55 Prez sedan... I need to travel out your way to steal, er, borrow an idea or two..

JT

(Georgia cain't be that far from Austin, kin it?)

Jerry Forrester wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I'm a believer when it comes to having the glass out when installing a headliner...

JT

Dave's Place wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Toss them up on Webshots, or Photobucket... That's free... Jeff

"Jerry Forrester" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice