Lost the Hawk GT Transmission

Hi Fellas- Well I lost my freshly rebuilt 700R4 tranny yesterday. Oh it did not burn out. It did not fall out. It did not blow up. It was in the back of my '92 Chevy Silverado when it was stolen out of my parking space in broad day daylight yesterday morning!!! Thankfully my laptop wasn't in there too our you would be deprived of my bitching. I use a steering wheel lock, but it was day time and I was going to be home. You know going in and out for errands and such, so I did not put it on. The worst part is that truck has been in the family since new. Other than faded paint everything was tip top. For what I will get from the insurance I can not buy a truck as good as this one. It is not as heart braking as the theft of my gold with gold interior '68 Mustang convertible back in 1980. That hurt. This just really pisses me off. Well if it comes back damaged I will use the truck transmission for the Hawk. I have the receipt for the tranny so contents insurance should cover it and the chrome weight set that was back there too. Fortunatly a friend is out of town for a week and let me have her car to get to work. Truckless Tony in Austin

Reply to
Tony in Austin

WayneC

Parked at home, it's a condo complex. The Hawk project is filling the garage. We have had a few stereos stolen lately. About average for Austin. And some kids slashed some tires one night last year. I can't afford to move. And besides I don't have a truck to move the furniture, Ha Ha. I agree, it does seem like car theft is treated like jay walking. It is not a violent crime like car jacking, but I feel pretty violated right about now. Of coarse there is a 63 Wagonaire for sale near me. Or maybe I will indulge my mid-life crissis and get the red Fiero V6 for sale locally. My friends say I will have to wear some gold chains and glue on a mustash if I do that. Thanks T

Reply to
Tony in Austin

You'd think would have just grandfather'd horse thievery laws when the horseless carriage arrived on scene.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Thanks Lee, You will now be known as Lee "hang em high" Aanderud. That has a good ring to it. T

Reply to
Tony in Austin

Not in liberal Austin.

Austin is the pits when it comes to ordinary folk getting justice. The cops are next to useless and the city council is worse than that.

That's one of the reasons I moved out of town to the country...

JT

(Biting his tongue using maximum restraint..)

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Sorry to hear about the theft. I've never been as unlucky as that bit I have had items stolen off of vehicles I've owned and so have relatives. Hear's to hopeing that it was just some punk a$$ looking out for a joyride and that you getr everything back in one piece.

I have a suggestion for how to deal with car thieves that I'm sure thant ANYBODY who has ever had a car stolen from them would agree with (wether they got the car back or not). But the gov'ment wouldn't like it.

I say treat them like they used to treat horse thieves, hang 'em! After all, they ARE stealing our 'horse-power'....

Seriously thow, we have a repeat problem here over in Regina and Saskatoon where they keep catching the same juveniles stealing cars. they get caught, get a slap-on-the-wrist sentance and when they get out they do it again. Not for parts or anything, just to joyride and smash them up. If they'd putt the little peckers in the stocks down by city hall for a week THEN give them a year in jail MINIMUM for their first offence maybe they would think more than 30 seconds about it the next time. Second offence, a public floging and jail, third, well, let's just say there wouldn't be a fourth offence...

Reply to
Dale J.

There's someone wo's thinking along the lines I am... See my earlier post...

Reply to
Dale J.

Reply to
itraseecab

Personally, I would have Michael Jackson checked out.

Reply to
Dave's Place

If you don't want the Wagonaire, please let other's know of it's location?

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

I believe it is on Craig's List...

JT

64dayt>
Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Yes _ the guy has two for sale , the Wagonaire and a four door Lark. If someone is seriously interested I can take some pictures and post them online. His Wagonaire asking price is high, but it is just the asking price. Tony in Austin.

Reply to
Tony in Austin

Take a look at O.J. while you're at it.

Reply to