Missed the Meet, Did My Best

Since I couldn't make it to the meet, I was in a tissy. I had 'Sheba all detailed and ready to go, just in case things worked out... but, work got in the way.

Since 'Sheba was all dressed up with nowhere to go, and because I usually spend the entire week at meets rubbing around on 'Sheba (and/ or Goliath,) I didn't know what else to do to simulate being at the meet, except to rub around on everything else that would hold still long enough. Did you know DWG does wonders on a cat's fur?

Well, once I had everything detailed, I just decided to have my own concourse, by golly! I was so out of sorts that I even detailed the Jap work truck!

showed up but the cat... She's not a lot of fun, doesn't drinkbeer, and knows nothing (and seems to care less) about cars... but,boy did she look good!All things considered, I still regret not making the meet, what I didwas not nearly as satisfying, but the rolling stock is in shape, so Iaccomplished something while working off some real frustration. Stude content: Goliath bought the blue truck for me as a going away present. I sure miss that guy! BTW, did he show up at the meet? The new owner seemed really excited about making the meet, as he lives only 40 miles away. I didn't see any pictures of Big G at the meet.

SSP... the LHS is for sale, my toy box is too full!

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Transtar60

I missed the meet too, got a call while I was on the road to the meet that my Florida house sold and was eligable to close ASAP! One less financial headache in my life.........

Reply to
oldcarfart

Calvin,

Congrats on the sale of the house!

And Dave for a retired person you do sure work allot!

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtier

I missed the big show too, because of work (dang it..).. While those lucky guys were sweating in South Bend, I was up in Asheville, NC schmoozing customers at a trade show, spending T&E money, and playing attrocious rounds of golf. Donated 7 yellow golf balls to the community. I say the community because they were not just off the fairway, they were off the entire course .. But, on the bright side.... While I was off carousing, we had new windows stuffed into the new (well, new to us) house. The old ones were pretty cheesy, what with the wood deteriorating, and the thermopanes leaking. Found a high tech replacement window (all vinyl, hurricane rated, low- E glass, lifetime guarantee) that could be installed in the original jambs and sills, and not mess up the interior trim. A bit pricey, but less expensive in the long run as I did not have to re-trim every room in the house. Did all 28 windows.. (yikes!)... They were 'almost' done when I got back home. They have to re-do two that they morked up during the install, but that is there problem. I get to play the fussy homeowner .. Here's a few pic's... Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Here's better links.... Here's a few window pic's... Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Looks good, I've spend the weekend tearing out the ugly tile around my fireplace and hearth. I'm replacing it with a granite slab (hearth) and granite tiles (face). I'm surprised at the prices... material came in less than $300. I was quoted by one contractor over $800 to do what I'm going to do in a couple weekends. The only hold up is having to patch/replace the drywall that the face tiles were attached to (gas insert in fireplace).

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Dang, Dave...talk about being bored!! It actually got to the point that you detailed the WORK truck??

I may not have made the International, but my new Grand-daughter (Kimberly Rae Turner) was born on Tusday night at 10:53pm. She came into this world at 8lbs, 4oz; 20-3/4" tall with a head of hair and sticking her tongue out at Grandpa the first time I got to hold her! She's JUST like her Mom, including her little turned-up nose!

AND, I spent all day yesterday getting 'Grandpa-sugars' from three of my Grandkids! Trish and I led my son and his family down to the newest grand-daughter's house in San Antonio and we all got to hold and play with the new baby.

Of course, Grandpa had to share the new sweetheart with everyone...but while they were ooohing and ahhhing over the newest addition, Grandpa swiped the 9-month old Grandson and got to play and snitch sugars from him (and his three year old sister, Aspen, too!). She is a hoot...just developing her own little personality and starting to become a little "person" instead of a baby.

She got a "life-lesson" Mommy though when she told her Mom "Don't tell me what to do!". Whoops!! Mom is a little bit old-school when it comes to that...she and little Aspen went directly into the back room for several minutes and the crying commenced!

Anyway...it's been a memorable week and I'm sure I'll spend some time looking at everyone's photos and wishing I had been there...but I sure wouldn't have missed the birth of my grand-daughter just to look at all of y'alls ugly mugs! :)

Bob (Grandpa X 4 now...and lov> Since I couldn't make it to the meet, I was in a tissy. I had 'Sheba

Reply to
Bigbob62

Still in emergency management, attached to the SO. Once certified, they keep wanting to hang a badge on ya.

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Yep. Sucks.

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Reply to
Transtar60

I am thankful for that. The emergency managment thing is in demand. For the most part, most EM directors are currently retired law enforcement/fire fighter types. But, it is becomming a "nitch," and the universities are starting to offer degree fields for same.

While thankful for the opportunity, I do wish I had some skills that aren't quite so demanding around the clock, on week-ends, vacations, holidays, etc. But, ya takes what ya kin git.

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Yep. Sad, isn't it?