Model 44 (3:54) Rear Axle Assy Available

I just removed the 44 rear from the '55 Prez sedan that has 70K on the odometer. There is very little play in this unit which is located near Austin, Texas. I'm interested in offers to buy, trade or...

I just don't think that it would be worth listing on eBay due to shipping costs..

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

JT -

Is that a TT and Flanged axle setup?

Also, did you make the chapter meeting last weekend? Did anyone step up for officer elections or did the club just fold?

Bob

Grumpy AuC> I just removed the 44 rear from the '55 Prez sedan that has 70K on the

Reply to
Bigbob62
2 years early for TT, almost 10 for flanged and if it was, it would be well worth ebay'ing. BTW, bad news for N8, I may have a Avanti TT rear on the way, at least I hope it's a TT.

Bigbob62 wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

What ratio? If it's 3.31:1 or 3.54:1 we could just trade even for the

3.73:1 I got from you, which appears to be in excellent shape BTW.

nate

(geez, how many times am I go> 2 years early for TT, almost 10 for flanged and if it was, it would be

Reply to
N8N

I have a very low mileage Avanti TT 3.07 also that I had on my old Avanti. I quickly found out that it was too tall for a standard shift especially when gas was lousy back in the early 1980's. Can you say "ping city?" It was on the car for about 5K when I disgustedly re-installed the original 3.73. I've been saving it for years but now realize that my "gathering" days are over. A couple of the tabs (for traction bars) are bent as is the usual case. It needs to be cleaned out and re-sealed though...

JT

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Oh quitcha whining! I changed out the rear in the '55 Prez last weekend without any assistance... And I didn't touch the rear springs or stabilizer bar either!

JT

N8N wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire