More bites at the elephant - Studebaker speaking

It started with buying a 61 Lark VIII in 04, after I came back from The Sand. Body really straight, 259 runs strong, Flight-O-Matic shifting like it should, interior totally shot but was originally a Regal package. So, this last year I stripped her down and had her painted original Blaze Red while ordering new door panels, headliner, carpet and enough fabric to get the seats re-done. I figured I would put her back the way she came from the factory (silly me!). Since the paint and interior parts took most of the money, I have had to get things done in "little bites". But, I now have taken care of all the rust on the underside of the roof, put the sound proofing back up, put up the headliner, windlace, B pillar covers (which didn't have to be rebuilt, fortunately), rear window, the windshield, the windshield side moulding, the rear view mirror and the driver and passenger sun visors installed, and a new speaker for the radio (works very nice) and all the dash lights and the dome light work! I still have to get the door seal rubber installed on three more doors. I now have to save up my pennies to get the u channel and cat whiskers, so I can put the windows in, so I can put the door panels and armrests on, so I can put the carpet in. Somewhere in there I need to try to rework the kick panels and get the cardboard for behind the rear seat, then figure out how many pennies it will take to get the seats rebuilt - good thing I already have the seat fabric. I'm not worrying too much about the cracked dash right now - what is a Lark without at least one crack in the dash? I should not have any issues getting her at least road worthy and ready for the Can Am Zone meet in Oregon City.

A bite at a time, that is how you eat the elephant,,,

Dan Kay

61 Lark VIII Regal (she will be again, oh yes) 62 Lark Daytona VI convertible
Reply to
Dan Kay

Wow, nobody commented on the newsgroup about this thread, and yet, someone cross-posted this to other interesting newsgroups such as alt.sex.-somethingorother, which emailed me that they denied my posting - Studebakers aren't sexy?!

Dan

Reply to
Dan Kay

Just goes to show that "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder...

JT

(Who drives a sexy Stude every now 'n then)

Dan Kay wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire