Motor Identification ?

I just picked up another Packard. I know the motor is not correct because the motor id should start with the letter L. The motor in the car is id# V350268. What year is this motor from? Is it a 289 or 259 ? Full flow? Please advise any details you might know. Thank you

Reply to
58packardwagon

I didn't go check my books, but I'm pretty sure V340268 is a '56 Commander

259. That's the same series I found in the '57 Packard wagon I bought a couple weeks ago. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

I knew the s/c was not on it (was loose in the back w/the 2bbl manifold/airbox/carb setup), but I didn't bother to look at the engine number. I just assumed that it had been converted to a 4-bbl setup (unpleasant surprise when I did look). Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

It's a 259 from a late '55 Commander. It would only have a 'P' prefix if it came from a '55 President.

Reply to
Dwain G.

Buried away in the back of my garage is a 58 Packard engine L-966. As I recall it was stuck when I got it and I haven't fooled around with it to see if it could be freed up. Anyway if it is anything you might be interested in let me know. I'm in Vermont

Reply to
Dan Peterson