motor oil

Iran claims to be enriching uranium for peaceful purposes??????????? The excerpt below was copied from an article about motor oils; not political at all. So those of you who are, shall we say of the anti-Bush policy persuasion, better wake up and smell the roses. Muslims hate us and want ALL non-muslims dead (notice the lower case since that bogus bunch does not deserve respect given by use of upper case as in proper names).

(Quote) "Most oil wells throw off a lot of natural gas. In many cases, it's more expensive to transport this gas to a large city than the gas is worth, so it's just burned off. For example, Iran burns off enough natural gas each day to power their entire country, electricity, cars, ships, airplanes, the whole thing. So the next time you hear Iran's nuclear reactors are purely for peaceful production of energy, you can wonder like the rest of us why a country that burns off more than their entire energy needs must spend tens of billions of dollars developing alternative energy sources. Well, anyway, natural gas is a chemical looking for a use. All you have to do is chemically attach these molecules to each other to turn them into quite pure oil stocks. "

Reply to
dwcars

midlant

"Not political", huh? Another view:

The construction of nuclear power plants in Iran has been contemplated for more than 30 years. (Previously with the blessing of the U.S.) The Shah (placed in power by an Eisenhower CIA led coup) argued that hydrocarbon resources would be too valuable to burn by the beginning of 21st century and most of Iran's electricity generation must be supplied from nuclear power plants by then.

After the Iran-Iraq war at the end of the 1980s, the need for electricity generation for reconstruction of the war-damaged economy was evident and as the maximum export of hydrocarbon resources was to be achieved for foreign exchange requirements, the attention was focused on rebuilding the Bushehr nuclear power plant.

Today, Iran has a population of more than 65 million and most people are choking from air pollution. The country produces some 4 million barrels of oil a day of which about 1.5 million are consumed domestically. Natural gas production has skyrocketed and almost all of it is consumed domestically and the share of natural gas of total energy consumption has more than tripled and a very significant portion of that is used to generate power. Incidentally, utilization of oil or natural gas for power generation, though more benign than coal, is not pollution free.

Reply to
John Kunkel

You wanta buy the Brooklyn bridge? If you beleive Iran wants to enrich uranium for peaceful purposes, I think I could sell the bridge to you. Respectfully, L.D.

Reply to
L.D.

Predictably, you miss the point. I am merely countering the one-sided diatribe in the original post. Matters not what I believe, both sides of every issue need to be presented.

Previous U.S. administrations had no problem with their nookular program just like previous administrations supported Sadman Insane and OBL. You reap what you sow.

Reply to
John Kunkel

Don't worry about what others think. A while back I caught a bit of flack for saying that anyone not able to present both / all sides of an argument couldn't be trusted to present one fairly. I still stand by that.

Karl

Reply to
midlant