My new Scotsman truck

Looks like I'll keep the big six, one hell of a strange option list including AC. (found on the truck forum)

The data for this Scotsman from the build sheet (line setting ticket, production order):

Factory order # 8108 Final Assembly date 2/2/59 Line Sequence 3154 Final destination- Oakdale, Calif

Serial number E3-311 Engine number 4E-7710 Model 4E3-112-C1 with box Paint # 5955 Apache Red Key # 4639-s

John Poulos

Interestingly equipped for sure, especially since '59 was the first year the

289 was available in a truck, and the original owner could have opted for it instead of the 245. My '59 1/2 tn Delux is Apache red also, but has 289 & OD, but without a/c, unfortunately. Yours may be the only big 6 Scotsman sold with a/c that year, and possibly the only a/c'd Scotsman.

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400"

Reply to
Barry

John,

Did you find the production info on the internet or just the list of options? I looked on the truck forum and couldn't find anything, could you post the link?

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
Studedude

You can purchase them from the Studebaker Museum for $40.00

Studedude wrote:

Reply to
Oujdeivß

Reply to
John Poulos

Sounds like a great truck. I hope you will keep it.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

With a bad engine, it'll be here for a bit at least.

Alex Magdaleno wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to