Need info on installing Avanti motor

I am dropping an R2 engine back into my Avanti. The car has an R3 carb airbox on it and someone shimmed the engine up to clear it. I bought R3 motor mounts on it to lower the engine. I also put an 8" high output crank pulley on it. Now I remember that Stan Gundry's book comments on how you might need to shim the power steering cylinder to clear the pulley on an R2. Was power steering an option if you used the high output pulley, and if so, how do you get it to clear?

Reply to
PACKERBACKER

j.shavish

I meant to say that someone shimmed the hood up higher to clear the carb air box and that is why I am installing R3 motor mounts.

Reply to
PACKERBACKER