New Hard Drive (ot, Sort of..)

Times are a'changin'... Imagine filling up a 30 gig hard drive with pictures? Well, did just that... Saw a sale at Office Max on a 50 gig external drive and thought I'd check it out to put all my pic's on a separate external drive that I could unplug and store safely.

Well, wouldn't you know it.. I had a small gift card for them.... That'll help. And I looked in the drawer and found a half dozen new print cartridges for retired/destroyed printers. Tossed the cartridges in a bag and went a'shopping. Got the clerk to credit me on the cartridges (I told her I'd be spending it right away) and she stuffed it on another gift card. Looked on the shelf. Of course, the one I wanted (the one that was on sale for $99) was sold out... But two shelves over was an I/OMAGIC 500 freakin' gig external drive for $199 with a $50 instant rebate. So I snagged that one, and used the two gift cards.. Walked out with a 500 gig hard drive for $59.00 Movin' stuff over now.. Easiest setup I ever used. Plugged it into the wall, plugged in the USB cable. Done. Sure, USB may not be the fastest transfer method, but I am just using it for safe storage, so I don't care so much about speed. Happy boy... Jeff (Makes my Zip drive seem antique ) Rice

Reply to
Jeff Rice