new ignition switch?

Are the new ignition switches available from SI et. al. usable with the original retainers, or are they still selling the Chrysler-style ones with the threaded barrels?

thanks,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I have used the 1950's/1960's type from them along with the original hardware parts Nate and no issues.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Cool, I have I think a bad ignition switch on my '55 and am hesitant to just replace it with another '55 vintage switch (the only spare I have is actually out of another '55)

Amazingly the switch acted up a couple times when I first got the car and then was fine ever since, but it flaked out on me again yesterday (car kept running after I turned key off and key was warm)

nate

Reply to
N8N

Reply to
John Poulos

I've got a couple NOS ignition switches here, N8.... I don't remember what the '55 uses... these are the late model style.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

'55 uses a different terminal arrangement on the back but they are interchangeable.

nate

Reply to
N8N

He might go nutz... '55 should have a Hurd lockset..

JT

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Nate.Was that window part I sent the correct one?

Bob40

Reply to
Bob