'new to this group'

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 1950 Studebaker p/u, half ton. I was wondering if anyone knows of a disc brake conversion for this particular truck. I would like to run the straight axle, but will clip it with a Camaro front subframe if necessary. Also, I will be going to a different drivetrain, 350 Chev, and auto transmission. If anyone is interested in a low mileage flathead six and overdrive tranny, and rearend. I'll be selling it. Thx Tex

Reply to
Tex

I have driven a lot of these Studebaker pickups and have owned three with V8s. One was stock suspension, Studebaker V8, the second was Camaro subframe, 350/350 and the third and current is Trans Am subframe, 350/400. There are disc brake conversions, which I would recommend if you were staying mostly stock. Since you are modifying with the engine/transmission, I would subframe it. It will make your conversion easier and the truck will ride and drive nicer (based on my experience and opinion).

Reply to
studegary

Thx Studegary,good advise for sure. That was my first choice(subframe), now to geta rustfree one around here,Ontario,Canada. To all the purists, sorry,but it's gotta be done. As for the original drivetrain, what a shame somebody doesn't need it.Is it a bullet proof motor? I don't know alot about the Studebaker,that's why I ask.And to everybody else thx for the advise and the warm welcome and quick response.Tex

Reply to
Tex

I local fellow down here just called me this week, needing a good running Champoin 6 engine, and I was hoping , from your name, that you might be in Texas, making it possible to obtain the engine. I don't it would be feasable to ship from London Ont., though.

I am finally getting around to shipping out the 56J engine & NOS trans. to a buyer in Bristol this week. He is paying over $700.00 for ocean freight to get it there. He bought a 56J on ebay which turned out to have a 55 Clipper

320 engine in it, and wanted to get the correct engine installed while it was apart for resto.

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400"

Reply to
Barry