Newsgrouper in accident

I just received information that Jim Kranac (jimmijim8) was involved in a very serious auto accident while on his Southern swing. He was hit broadside by a drunk driver at a high rate of speed which resulted in a broken neck and other injuries. He has some feeling on both sides. He is currently in the Richland (sp) Trauma Hospital in Columbia, SC. No other details are available at this time. I will post any updates as I get them.

Dustybob in WV

Reply to
dustybob

That's awful news, hope it has a happier ending and he recovers fully and a few 100K from the drunk would be nice.

dustybob wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

My prayers are with him! Flathead

Reply to
FlatheadGeo

I really hate to hear this. Here's hoping he pulls through OK and let us know if you hear any more.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Man That's a bad deal, Our thoughts and prayers are with him also! What can "we" do?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Turner

Reply to
mbstude

Hell, now I put a face with his NG handle. I met him on South Bend, very nice guy in person as well.

mbstude wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Yeah, he was set up in front of Lee, I was going to buy shiny stuff from him but ended up buying a new Fluke instead.

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

That's awful, I hope for his full recovery. His contributions to the ng are always appreciated.

dustybob wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Jim is a great guy,and I hope he pulls thru 100%.

Reply to
Mertz Racing

Sure hate to hear that. Hope he comes out of it in good shape.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Just let Jim know we're all here & will do all we can do to help him out. Anything we can do to help him recover anything? where was he, on his way to Omaha? things *we* can do to so relieve him of some worry so he can concentrate on recovery Rhonda aka red2ubabe

Reply to
Red2ubabe

Reply to
am not r2

Poor Jim. If anyone knows the address & room number, maybe we could deluge him with cards.

Reply to
TomNoller

I tried to get hold of Jim or a family member at the hospital tonight... He is still in ICU and does not have a phone. There were no family members in the waiting area to take my call...

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Please let us know if you find anything about his condition. MikeW.

Reply to
Mike Williams

I managed to find out the info on the hospital..

----------- You can send a card to the patient at the following address:

Mr. Jim Kranac Room 514, Bed 2 Palmetto Health Richland

5 Richland Medical Park Columbia, SC 29203

------------

His registration from the Atlantic Zone Meet was:

Jim Kranac

200 Paul Ave. Weirton, WV 26062
Reply to
SilverStude

I met Jim at the Ga state meet in april .We talked about studebakers for a long time.He showed me a bunch of pictures of a stude resoration. Jim told me he had the template to make the 3 pieces for the 63

64 Avanti dash gauges.I hope he pulls threw ok he seems like a great person.

Lenny

Reply to
Lenny

Just a fine point... Jim's name is spelled Kranak.

Jim Bradley

'64 Daytona HT ?Rerun? snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net Remove HAT to reply

SilverStude wrote:

Reply to