Oil Independence Day 2006

High gas prices have created a new group of people - "pump grumblers." When pumping our high priced gas, we grumble words of resentment, while feeling powerless. We need gas, so we pay the price. Standing as a individual we are powerless, but together our voices would be heard. America is a strong, independent country. When John Kennedy proposed we put a man on the moon, a goal and time line was set. American determination made it happen. Let's apply the same initiative to independence of oil through alternative energy research and use. We already have brilliant minds who are making great strides towards this goal. Demand that the President stand up for us. Ask him to support Alternative energy to free us from oil dependence, starting today. Millions of letters cannot be ignored.

Write a paper letter before July 4 to the President. Urge friends and family to do the same. President Bush The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington, DC 20500 Down Load a letter at
this on or add a link to your web page. From: Linda
Reply to
Linda

Asking Bush & Cheney to promote alternative energy would be like asking the chairmen of Continental & American Airlines to lobby for increased subsidies for Amtrack. We are experiencing a world wide energy crisis because the world's oil production can not keep up with demand. Global oil production has peaked and demand continues to escalate which will continue to raise prices & cause another recession, something which always results from energy price increases. New oil fields are not being found & developed as fast as global demand is increasing. Environmentalist groups continue to lobby for more restrictions on drilling for oil & gas, mining coal, & building nuclear power plants, which causes the demand for oil to increase as it reduces the supply. Oil co's simply raise their prices as a result since price is largely set by supply & demand. Without developing alternate energy sources, the problem will only get worse as world population increases & per capita energy consumption in the developing nations continues to soar. The voters will fall for propaganda like Algore is selling now, which uses scare tactics & half-truths and calls for globalism, big government, reduction of freedoms & independence, deindustrialization, & locking up of natural resources; and the result will be even more problems for the average person. Gore & his cronies like Maurice Strong, Ben Creme, George Soros, et als, have already stated that air conditioning, travel, & personal vehicles are luxuries which average people must give up to save the world. They plan to always live in luxury, of course. While I agree that it is desirable to limit population growth, these fanatics believe that the Earth's population must be reduced to 500 million, and their insane Kyoto protocols demand a drastic population reduction in just a few decades, without saying exactly how they plan to accomplish this goal. Naturally, they expect the US to bear the brunt of the sacrifices & expenses involved, while China, Mexico & other irresponsible nations will be virtually exempt. With an increasingly dumbed-down electorate in the US, no real solutions will emerge and we can expect a continued drop in the average American's living standard, which is BTW, exactly what Zbigniew Bryznski said must happen 30 years ago. He stated that the average American's standard of living & energy consumption must be substantially reduced if the US is to merge into a world system (or become a vassal state to a world government, as he & his friends are working for) Any real, workable solutions to the energy crisis will be shot down by oil co. lobbyists, enviro-nazis, bureaucrats, bankers, and the corrupt stooges in Congress.

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400" "Linda" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
Reply to
Barry

I've thought for decades that the only need for liquid power is in moving power users, basically ships, airplanes and road transport. It might be reasonable to include railroad for the long barren stretches - Australia, Africa, Siberia, western 2/3 of NA are examples. Urban and suburban vehicle movement could be batteries. too.

There's plenty of power available, nuke, sun, (cleaned-up) coal, tides, captured water, wind etc.

Ahhh, but the oil companies wouldn't like that, would they.

Karl

Barry wrote:

Reply to
midlant

But if we do nothing... then we deserve what we get. Right?

L> I've thought for decades that the only need for liquid power is in

Reply to
Linda

Hey Barry,

Would you tell us how you really feel about the oil problem? (G)

Reply to
blacklarkviii

Given that the current gas price panic is based on the shortage and high price of ethanol (mandated by government action, meaning enforced by the executive administration, meaning "Bush's fault") can we look forward in the v.near future to blaming all this on Archer Daniels Midland instead of/in addition to Exxon-Mobil-Texaco?

I forget, is it Jeb or the other brother who runs them? And which one is controlling the weather this week? ___________________________________ "blacklarkviii carolina.rr.com>" Hey Barry,

Reply to
comatus