OT- $3 gas doesn't look bad (by comparison)

He's not really a good liar, but he tells the type of lies you would like to be able to believe. Maybe he should consider politics?

Reply to
Dave's Place

Carter had the sorriest record of anyone since Millard Fillmore.

Worse, he has continued to meddle and is largely responsible for the N. Korea nuclear issue.

But, in all honesty today's mess began in the mid 1960's under that favorite crook... LBJ.

JT

Richard Lawler wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

You set your reply preferences to include the original post, didn't you?

"Lee Aanderud" wrote...

"Jeff Rice" wrote...

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

Sheesh... Get out from under your Avanti cloud and listen to the news .. big story this week in Florida..

"John Poulos" wroteWhere did you read that ? I know they have drilling rights up to 30

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

Er... In many areas, we have already descended into third world status, I.E., we cannot feed or provide for ourselves..

JT

Richard Lawler wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

A while back, I had to rely on Google. SUCKS! I don't remember taking the time trying out how to figure out how to include the original post, but I did learn how to copy and paste relevant parts into my response.

Reply to
Dave's Place

Don't know... probably not. Now I can't find how to turn it back on or off in Google.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Found the story. It just says Cuba has the right to drill 50 miles off it's coast, still halfway out. So far, he's only looking 18 miles out because no one expects much oil to be found north of Cuba in the Florida Straits. Some in Congress want to drill 12-20 miles out in the gulf where there is more likly some oil, but at great risk.

Sheesh...

Reply to
John Poulos

John Poulos

WHAT SUV you got gets 14?

most HERE get 5-7..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Florida that we are

Good for Castro! He is looking out for HIS national interest! He has the balls to stand up to "U.S." His drilling will likely have no impact on us, what-so-ever, other than to just piss us off. I hate the bastard, but I at least I have to give him credit for knowing what is in the best interest of his country, as he understands it.. and following through! We could use someone with the same kind of knowledge and intestinal fortitude!

Maybe we should attack Cuba?

Nah, tried that already, didn't work.

Too bad we (I use the term "we" loosely) can't learn from previous mistakes.

Sometimes, if you have no other reason for attacking another country, other than not liking the guy in power because he out-witted yo dumb-ass Daddy, it's better to just chill, and wait for him to die. May take several years, but what the hell, you could save an untold number of American and other lives, not to mention resources, by just waiting him out. But, NO, we've got a "leader," that has to prove himself dumber than Daddy! George and Jr... Dumb, and Dumber... then, there's Jeb. I kind of like G.W. and Jeb's Momma, but she must be terribly embarrassed by her choice of mate, and the resulting mentally challenged cluster-gaggles.

How many average American cities could be powered today by the fuel consumed by just the American war machines flying, driving, and dropping like rain from the skies of Iraq? (Not to mention other war machines, paid for by "U.S."?) The number of American lives lost so far in Iraq equals (or now exceeds) the entire population of my admittedly relatively small city. While some don't consider the lives of Average Joe Iraqi men, women, and children to count for anything, I do. They are innocent, human lives... not to be confused with their former "leadership," or current, "insurgents."

I know you are as interested in keeping this bull-crap off of the NG as I am, Jeff, you drew me into this one.

We do have some real idiots in this group, and that's a fact. Some that I consider to be idiots consider me to be an idiot, but I don't care, 'cause I know they are the idiots, and that they are not smart enough to realize that fact!

Funny thing is, I like most of them, as a person, but wouldn't trust some of them to cover my back in the event of a crisis. They just aren't mentally "right." but at least I know what idiots they are, because the insist on posting their views! That allows me to know who to watch out for, so it's not all a bad thing.

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to drive a Stude today, but I am working on the Transtar. When I'm done working on it, I'll drive it.

Reply to
Dave's Place

Reply to
John Poulos

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

While you thinking about numbers you might also give some thought to why you guys have lost 5 of the last seven presidential elections and neither of the two that you won were with a majority. Part of the problem may be that you guys are believing your own polls. Rasmussen has his rating at 40 percent which means he would only need three more points to get the percentage Slick Willie won with his first time. That's right, check it. In 1992, 57% of all people who voted voted AGAINST Bill Clinton. How do you think the main stream media would have played it if Bush would have won with those numbers?

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

Where the hell do you guys come up with this crap. If 57% of the voters voted against Clinton, Dole would have won. The actual figures were just under 50% Clinton, 8% Perot, 42 % Dole.

BTW, Bush did win in 2000 with lower percentages than "Slick Willie" did in 96. (48%) Not that it makes any difference, but I hate false propaganda from either side.

Richard Lawler wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Uh... He was referring to 1992..

JT

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I knew I should have posted a link to make it easy for you guys. If you'll re-read my post you will notice that it says 1992. However, If you check the numbers on the '96 election by fraction you will see that Slick Willie got over 49.5%, but not 50%. The media likes to pretend that he got 50% that year. So this is where the hell I get this crap: