OT:Fuel prices...yuck!

Yesterday on California route 88 I was seeing gasoline at US$4.18 & diesel at US$5.20. I guess that I'm staying home this weekend instead of driving up to Humboldt county for the Kinetic Sculpture Races. Bah! Chris H. '55 Champion 16G6

Reply to
Chris

You really have to wonder about all this.

Last year, prices managed to run up even the price of crude was back to around $50 per barrel.

This year, the price has reached astronomical levels because of speculators and the weak dollar even though there is no shortage of product.

All we need is a Katrina even to drive it up beyond $6 per gallon this year.

Time for a peasant revolution. I'm polishing up my pitchfork and torch as I write this.

Anyone out there to lead?

JT

(OTOH, some economists predict a sharp correction in the futures market)

Chris wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

new FEDERAL law..

close the entire FUTURES market part of the stock market.. its STUPID to 'say' that in July, oil will sell for $135 a barrel, and the next DAY gas goes up 15 cents a gallon on that statement ALONE.. ditto beef, grain, pork, etc.. NO FUTURES ON ANYTHING its JUST A PURE GAMBLE.

stock market rule., you can BUY ANY stock thats for sale.. but YOU CANNOT SELL ANY, till you have held it for at LEAST 6 MONTHS. ONLY THEN can you sell it. no more buying and selling stuff purchased 5 MINUTES AGO, just because the president of that company got up and farted crosswise that particular day..

there are companies that according to 'the stock market' are WORTH now 4 times what they are ACTUALLY WORTH.. and more. JUST due to stock market GUESSING.

and I get REALLY PISSED at the butts that SAY, I made $100k TODAY on the market.. I ask, did you sell? NO, but my stock went up 100k..

YOU DIDNT MAKE CRAP, UNLESS YOU SOLD.

--Shiva--

** Posted from
**
Reply to
me

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

True, they would. As long as that aging cowboy keeps rattling his Quixotic sword at the Iranians, speculators are going to keep oil futures at astronomical levels. His friends over at the CFR have targeted oil prices at $200.00 and they have done a good job of moving it that direction. Continuing destruction of the dollar, sure to be continued under any future administration visible on the horizon, greatly contributes to the escalating price of oil, also ( as will their policies of futher limiting exploration & production). Barry'd in Studes

Reply to
Barry

Just shoot some of the speculators in public.

JT

Jeff DeWitt wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Ah, but Barry, I bet you voted for that cowboy. Seems to me I remember some warnings back in 2000 that it was not a good idea to put two oilmen in the White House (:-)

Reply to
ALEX M.

But the alternative was two lawyers...

JT

ALEX M. wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Left winger (:-)

Reply to
ALEX M.

Actually, I did not, and have never voted for a Bush, Alex. Like his dad, Goy George is a RINO (Repub in name only), whose sole loyalty is to the bankers' new world order, not the USA. You probably think I did because you loyally vote for your party, regardless of how rancid of a candidate it runs, even if it is George Soros' puppet, the feckless Marxist mulatto or lying Jezebel herself. :-)

It is never a good idea to put 2 or even 1 CFR stooge into the White House, but folks keep drinking the media Kool-aid... BH

Reply to
Barry

A vote for anyone else than the democrat or Republican was a vote for Bush and you are just as responsible for putting him in there as the people who voted for him.

Reply to
ALEX M.

No more guilty than you are for voting for Bill Clinton, Pelosi & Feinstein in the past and for voting for the wicked witch or the Marxist mulatto in the future. I do not vote vote for enemies of the Constitution from either party, and I am man enough to admit it when I see a crook or a traitor in my own party. For me, party loyalty is secondary to loyalty to my country and my Creator BH

Reply to
Barry

Yep I proudly voted for all of them. Any sins they have committed are miniscule compared to the wreckage bush is leaving behind.

Reply to
ALEX M.

What character!

Reply to
Barry

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

IIRC, gas is 18 times as much as I paid when I joined SDC in 1966!

Gas has gone over US$4.50 a gallon at (S)hell stations this week in Oakland CA where I work. Chris Houck

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
Barry

Ooops! Gas just hit US$4.58 at a (S)hell station in north Oakland as I drove past it at 0230 this morning, diesel is running US$5.10 to 5.30 here in north California. Yikes! Chris

Reply to
Chris

Pure baloney and wishful thinking from the Right. How do you explain away the fact that Bush himself and his governments reports say the opposite? What you are hanging your hat on is that 1998 was a huge spike in temperature and I has not been as hot since. Sounds nice till you look more closely. Temperature trends are not made based on one year. Here's the record for the 25 hottest years. 15 of those all came after 1986.

Reply to
ALEX M.