OT Internet mail services

Hi, having problems with my Time Warner email. They often bounce my emails due to a full box. I check my mail twice a day.

10 MB in and 5MB out is pretty puny in todays world. The other cable service in my are also has that limit so I can't change providers. What is a good free or low cost internet email service. I searched the help page on my Yahoo account and find that I can upgrade to 20MB message size but can find no information on how big the storage is for messages I haven't open yet. These internet businesses make it real hard to send a question to a real person.

Thanks

Alex

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

gmail.com

It's Google's free mail package, I think your mailbox is something like

2.6GB.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I've been using Gmail for a couple of years... Their spam control is real good. You have to go in and purge your own stuff if you really want it gone, but that's no big deal. I like it enough not to change it. And it's also a POP3 mail server so I can set it up in Outlook, and Outlook Express if I want to. Super easy to do online at hotels, too... Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to
John Poulos

One Mpeg can be bigger than 10MB easily

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Thanks Lee and Jeff. I looked into google briefly. It says they don't send or receive executable files. I think that would block some of the emails I get?

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Most e-mail firewalls are now set up to block .exe files. Also .bat, scr and anything else that can carry viruses and installed by accidentally clicking on the file. If you know who's sending it, just have them rename it to something else and change it back when you receive it. .doc would work fine.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

True, didn't know you were getting lots of e-mailed movies.

Alex Magdaleno wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Why not contact vario0us servers and see what they offer / allow.

I've been with Earthlink for any years and like it, but there are propbebly some even better, but changing is such a haasle.

Krl Haas

Reply to
midlant

Thanks Lee,

I read some reviews that really praised the program and I signed up this morming. Now all I have to do is learn to use it (:-)

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

All you need to do to get around that is to install WinRAR and compress the files to a RAR OR rename them to JPG with a note to the receiver to rename it back to exe or whatever. I can't recall if ZIP files are allowed but I have sent RAR files to/from my account. If you need an 'invite' to get an account, drop me a line.

Reply to
Dale J.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Thanks Dale. That would help for things I send but not for things people send me. But I looked back and I recieve very few EXE files so I probably won't miss them.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno