OT: is there an easy way to "batch resize" photos?

Hi all,

I've been in the habit of taking any digital photos that I take at the highest resolution my camera will give, because flash cards and HDD space is cheap. I'd like to put the "projects" section of my web site back up because it's the easiest way to share pics of what I'm doing with interested friends. However my new ISP is a little more serious about web space quotas than my old one; I can't put the pics up in all their high-res glory. Is there any free software that does a good job of resizing a whole batch of .jpgs to, say, 800x600 without having to open each file in the Gimp, resize, save, lather, rinse, repeat?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Transtar60

I will loan you my scissors.

Reply to
RBK.

Reply to
Studeman

Googles Picassa will find every photo in your computer, then you can batch re-size them, save the batch to the web, save the batch to a folder, create web shots etc. The only problem with it is that it creates a .lnk or a small thumbnail to your HD. All this can be yours FREE

Reply to
Bill Glass

Reply to
WayneC