OT- Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays

Here is a link to the best version of "Have yourself a merry little Christmas" I have ever heard. We have discussed this young singer before.

Freddy

Freddy Badgett

I remember when most yodeling was done in the Alps.. (Not slamming her, because she can sing, but....) Why is it that today's singers slide up and down and all over the place, like the steering on a million mile Lark. Just hit the friggin; note the first time Jeff

"Freddy Badgett" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Stay warm this holiday, Jeffie...

Loy Daniel

Most of "Todays singers" are older than 12 Years of age. Let's hear your favorite.

Freddy

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Freddy Badgett

It's common practice for blues and jazz singers to "bend" a few notes; that's the vocal equivalent of using a slide on the guitar neck. But you have to know when to do it, and when not to.

I'm blocked from youtube on this ISP, but I'd sooner listen to Ella Fitzgerald, anyhow.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

My apologies to Freddy Badgette for my off color joke... Meant nothing by it. Bad joke not told well. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice

A few weeks ago during a bout of insomnia, I got up and turned the teevee on and "Showtime at the Apollo" was on. Whoopi was just in the process of introducing the next act, two young brothers who performed perhaps the best jazz/piano combo that I ever heard. This was followed by a so-so female vocalist which in turn was followed by a 14 year old girl that sang a selection from "The Phantom of the Opera" the right way.

Of course, all this was negated by the closing rap act...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Nothing wrong with Brian Setzer, I figure even some of you Stude fans of, um, more advanced age than I might appreciate him. Same with the Reverend Horton Heat, although I'm not aware of any holiday-appropriate songs...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel