OT- sent to my first Black Friday

I went to my first Black Friday sale today. Wife got me up at 5am to go to the nearby Prime Outlets so I could use my 40% off entire purchase coupon at the Haggar store. Clock radio talked about traffic jams at the mall at 5 am!! But, she had said I had to get new clothes, one of the hazards of losing 40 pounds so I reluctantly agreed to go . Turned out, it wasn't so bad. I got really good service, found my exact size (instead of having to shorten or take up)- got six pairs of pants, seven shirts, socks, a neat reversible belt, and a neat Christmas tie and I (theoretically) saved $262.92 (sale prices plus 40% off even sale items). I commented to one of the guys about him having to get up so early. He told me he hadn't been to bed. Their sale started at midnight and that they were super busy then. Of course I had to agree to go to the SAS shoe store (no sales there) and Joann's Fabrics (bad scene). Still, home before 9am. BTW, I wouldn't go to Wal-Mart no matter how much I could save and I think Circuit City was probably just as bad.. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

I went to my 2nd... went up to the small Sears store (the non-mall type) at

8:30 and picked up a 2 GearWrench sets for $30 (brother-in-law shopping is done) and just went to Lowe's to look at a dishwasher... the $175 rebate didn't apply to any other Frigidaire dishwasher so I passed on the one they had on sale.

Last year I wanted a shop vacuum at Lowe's, but wasn't willing to get up early to get one, so I went there about 3:00 and counted 65 of them still in stock.

I'd avoid Wal-Mart, Circuit City and Best Buy like the plague.

Now to the backyard to bag up the leaves I raked up this morning.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

We have a BestBuy near us. When you go in the Rap music, and the HDTV's are going full blast, and salepeople are not allowed to leave their appointed places. So if you are looking for a certain TV, or splitter your sales help cannot point you.....................

However, when we needed something on the way to Omaha, we stopped off at a Best Buy in Iowa, the place was QUIET, every sales person was willing to walk you thru your purchase, and there was no long warining that if you don't take the extended warranty, your going to die.

There are certain benifits to aging, as in, I don't like the way this future is looking with what I see as the next generation.

Ecch

BG

Reply to
Bill Glass

I had to run out and get a new filter for my Shop-Vac this AM... talk about a mess! I turned around and ran right back into the quiet and serenity of my own garage :)

I ran into the guy that I lived next door to my freshman year in college, however- turns out he now lives about 5 min. down the road from me! small world...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Spent the entire day in a junkyard.Wonderful time!!! You couldnt drag me to any store this time of year.

Bob40

Reply to
Bob