OT! Southeast Old Threshers' Reunion

June 30 - July 04, Denton, NC. Add this to your list of things to do before you die.

oldcarfart

Uhh Calvin, that link goes to an RV dealer.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

How about this (:-)

I love those old shows. I have a couple of old dual flywheel engines and a twin Maytag.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

There's another show that we need to watch for in Carthege, NC. Ken Eder had his first show last year. Friends of mine from NC are also big into steam engines and say this guy's plans are to buy "one of everything" and has hundreds, if not thousands, of running steam engines and tractors. Supposedly he's made millions in the railroad salvage business. He's got two or three guys on payroll who do nothing but buy equipment and parts for him. I think he lives somewhere southeast of Charlotte.

Here are some pictures from last November's show, I hear it was very successful so hopefully they'll have another one this year:

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Make that hundreds of tractors, I think he's got about 100 running steam engines. But I hear is collection is incredible and not just piles of rusty parts.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Nice pictures. I wonder about that "6HP " hot air engine. They are usually much weaker than a gas engine. I think it would have to be much larger to be that powerful.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Took my Studebaker Champ 8E12 T6 several times and the let me in FREE to park it with antique vehicles. Would be nice to see a full line of Studes there for old timers to enjoy and tell tales about their studebakers, and to attract some new young blood to the hobby. Hope to be there again this year with the Champ and the free offer still available.

Reply to
8E12T6

Aunt Bea's Studebaker will be at the Southeast Old Threshers' Reunion also.

Reply to
blacklarkviii