Outside mirror placement - Hawk

My Packard Hawk had the holes of the outside rearview mirrors filled and painted over. I've purchased a pair of AC-3310s (I know they're not original, but I like their style). Anyway, can someone please supply dimensions for the holes, maybe from later Hawks where these mirrors may have been used?

Reply to
jab-ph

The only dimensions I have were printed in 1955, but might be valid for a '58 since it is the same basic body. Two suggested locations are shown for C and K body. Measure up from bottom edge of door 26 1/8" for the forward location 'A', or 25" for the rearward location 'B'. Lay out this center line first. Put the front mounting hole on this center line 1 1/2" back from front edge of door in mirror location A, or 14 1/2" back in location B. You could lay these out and have a helper hold the mirror in place while you sit in the car and test them. Most owners usually just wind up positioning the mirrors so they can actually see something in them!

Reply to
Dwain G.

There is NO place on the door of a Hawk where BOTH outside mirrors can be esthetically pleasing...AND be functional. Several factors come into play: If you mount each mirror in the same but opposite location on each door- A: ONE will not be fully functional. B: They both will be functional- but look stupid where they are located C: They will look good... but you can't see much from the passenger mirror IE: vent window frame in the way- OR the vent window cannot be opened fully... D: You mount each in a different location on the door (functional- but not pretty...) Ray

Reply to
Studeman

I agree, but as others have found, a stick on convex mirror fixes the passenger side mirror even if it's located in the pretty location.

Studeman wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Do not install any outside mirrows! They produce drag and cause you to loose fuel milage as well as reducing top speed (maybe by as much as 1/4 MPH)

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Now here's some sage advise !

Thanks for the other replies, guess I've got to decide between functi> Do not install any outside mirrows! They produce drag and cause you to loose

Reply to
jab-ph