parts for my 58 president

Hi i am new here have been born and raised around studebakers!!!! i have begun restoration on a 58 president 4 door, and have a few questions i need a rear fender extension (tailight housing) and a rear bumper does anyone know if they will work off of a 58 wagon i know where there is a wagon that is smashed in the front. also will the doors off of the wagon work on the sedan? lastly for right now does anyone know what thr backspacing is on the factory wheels mine has the wrong wheels on it. thanks much!!!!

Reply to
chriskrause

only question I can answer is the wheels, they are 14x5.5" with about

7/8" offset. I had a pair, but sold them a while back. If it had the optional 15" wheels they would be 15x5" with about 1-1/8" offset. (I think I got that right; if you look in the parts book there are so many darn wheels that I hope I was measuring the right ones!)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

SASCO had a lot of odd parts for those cars, you might want to try them. While I don't have a parts book covering a '58, I did get the striker plates off the back doors of a '57-58 Scotsman at Jack's Auto Ranch, in Watertown, WI.

The bumperswere there too. The wheels were still on a '58 Hawk when I was therelast. Hopefully they are the correct 14". They had 3-4 dozenStudebakers in the yard, both cars and trucks. On a WI map look forConcord. An underpass on the west side of town will take youunderneath I94. Then make a right turn, heading east a bit. Say HIto your parents.

Reply to
keith_kichefski

Chris,

I may have some useable taillight housings and a decent rear bumper. I also have some lenses and odds and ends. Where are you located? George.

Reply to
FlatheadGeo

Just checked parts: bumper is good for 57 or 58, lenses and housings are only 57, one eye brow drivers chrome for 58. If you're interested?

Reply to
FlatheadGeo