Peanut Butter update (OT)

Now it seems you can take your peanut butter back to the store you bought it for a refund. I took mine back today to Publix and they cheerfully refunded my $$. I wonder if that was initiated by Con Agra or the retailers. There has also been a change of address for where to send the lids...like a whole lot of them will ever get sent... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Interesting story. Plant in question is the Sylvester plant, just east of Albany (GA)..

200 some cases reported......Since last August. (What the 6 Oclock radio said tonight). Let's see..... August, September, October, November, December, January...Uh... 6 months. That's 33.333 people per month... Or... 1 person a day got sick, on average. And, of course they can trace this back to one plant, and one batch? I suppose it might be possible, but I smell a rat. Maybe a rat in the peanuts, but a rat. A pin striped suit wearing trial lawyer rat is more like it. Jeff
Reply to
Jeff

I'm sure a ton of people claiming sickness from eating the peanut butter will be coming out of the woodwork.. but rat lawyers have to eat too, ya know...HEY! Maybe THEY should eat the peanut butter...after it is smeared on the traps... Studebaker George (lawyers make me start cussin')

Reply to
Studebaker George

If you peanut butter is 2111, call 911!

Reply to
oldcarfart

my thoughts too..

went to 3 local grocery stores last 2 days.. there is NO peanut butter to be had AT ALL

--Shiva--

Reply to
me