Pebble Beach on PBS

All Things Considered just had a nice interview with one of the judges for this weekend's Pebble Beach Concours. This year's featured marque is Delahaye. If you missed it, you can probably find it online at pbs.org,

It has been quite some time now since I attended it, back then Lucius Beebe was chief judge (attired in morning coat and white gloves).

Reply to
randee

According to one of the docents at "my" museum, one SoCal museum owner, at his own expense, is taking his whole crew to Monterey. He intends to win best-of-show with his Ruxton. The bearer of this news and one other said, "What's a Ruxton?" They failed to notice that Jim and I were both drooling at the thought of seeing that car.

If you d> All Things Considered just had a nice interview with one of the judges

Reply to
midlant

Heh, good luck with the Ruxton. The competition there is something else. Best of Show is decided among the winners of the 24? categories. You knew you were in the running when Beebe started checking for dust under the fenders with his white gloved hand...........

-- wf.

" snipped-for-privacy@earthl>

Reply to
randee

It's the split of champagne that comes with the chicken box lunch that shows this is not the Wednesday night car show at AutoZone.

Karl

randee wrote:

Reply to
midlant