Pet Food Recall (CATS) (ot)

Cat Product Information Recall Information 1-866-895-2708 1.. Americas Choice, Preferred Pets 2.. Authority 3.. Best Choice 4.. Companion 5.. Compliments 6.. Demoulas Market Basket 7.. Eukanuba 8.. Fine Feline Cat 9.. Food Lion 10.. Foodtown 11.. Giant Companion 12.. Hannaford 13.. Hill Country Fare 14.. Hy-Vee 15.. Iams 16.. Laura Lynn 17.. Li'l Red 18.. Loving Meals 19.. Meijer's Main Choice 20.. Nutriplan 21.. Nutro Max Gourmet Classics 22.. Nutro Natural Choice 23.. Paws 24.. Pet Pride 25.. Presidents Choice 26.. Price Chopper 27.. Priority US 28.. Save-A-Lot Special Blend 29.. Schnucks 30.. Science Diet Feline Savory Cuts Cans 31.. Sophistacat 32.. Special Kitty Canada 33.. Special Kitty US 34.. Springfield Prize 35.. Sprout 36.. Stop & Shop Companion 37.. Tops Companion 38.. Wegmans 39.. Weis Total Pet 40.. Western Family US 41.. White Rose 42.. Winn Dixie

Reply to
Jeff Rice

I was up all night recently with two VERY sick dogs that had eaten some of the MenuFoods dog food. Both ate from the same brand new can and both dang near died. Threw the can away and shortly thereafter the recall came out. Wish I could send them my friggin' vet bill (emergency vet)...the big dog was so sick the vet kept him for a day. Also note that some rather high fallootin' fancy brands are on that list...just goes to show you it is all the same shit. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

With half of this shit coming from China, it's probably just a mater of time until it hits the human food chain.

Reply to
Ron Butts

I wonder if the hospitals are 'on watch' for some sick senior citizens...especially in Florida (Publix is on the list, too...)

I also mentioned to the wife that it would be the perfect time to poison the 'other half', and tell the authorities she had this dog food fetish... I got 'The Look', of course... Jeff (But this time it was a 'The Worried Look'..) Rice

"Studebaker George" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

The can of dog food was the Publix brand... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

WHY do I really wonder that the peanut butter recall is somehow NOT related? they pulled all peanut butter back now to manufacture date of 2004..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

As nearly everything is outsourced, our vulnerability increases with regards to terrorism.

As you said, "a matter of time."

JT

R> With half of this shit coming from China, it's probably just a mater of time

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I heard tonight that it was rat poison in the food. I suspect it was in the wheat that they mentioned earlier as a possible source. I would guess that they used rat poison over there in China to keep the rat problem down around their wheat storage. But why the hell are we buying wheat from China? I thought we were the breadbasket for the world? What a long way we have fallen since 1980.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Alex, wheat is a commodity, just like pork bellies, petroleum, and p***y. It's a world-wide marketplace.

Actually, there are different grades and varieties of wheat, and those varieties have different uses. And I think the original story stated that it was wheat gluten (protein), not whole wheat which was imported from China. And it may well be that Menu Foods bought non food-grade gluten from China because it was cheaper than food-grade made domestically.

I suspect that this company will wind up going under from the lawsuits. Actually, Menu Foods is a curious Canadian creature, an "Income Trust" which avoids corporate income taxes by shifting them off onto the individual shareholders (unit-holders) who may be taxable at a lower rate. Canada's new Conservative government has announced that they will be changing the tax laws to put an end to income trusts, because: a) they are costing the government too much tax revenue, and b) they cause distortions in the marketplace because income trusts and standard corporations can't compete on a level playing field. Needless to say, many individual investors, who were heavily over-invested in income trusts, are whining blue murder, including many who were Conservative party voters. So far, though, the government has shown no sign of backing down on the issue, because putting the kibosh on income trusts is the RIGHT thing to do.

FWIW, my cat gets dry cat food, and whatever mice he can catch. I know he catches some, because he is kind enough to puke them up on the carpet as a measure of his devotion :>(

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

Thanks got the great mental image to start my day!

Reply to
Mark Dunning

(protein),

domestically.

that they will

costing the

marketplace because

the kibosh

dedicated and presented for your approval and admiration, I have a yard full of dead birds, squirrels, lizards, snakes and frogs, usually played with and chomped on until no longer moving

Reply to
oldcarfart

With the dietary change brought on by the dog food scare, it has brought out the hunter in my dog Clarabelle.. So far, in the past two weeks she has cornered (and dispatched...with some help) a huge possum, a mid sized armadillo, and a squirrel. The armadillo was funny, as it was digging a hole as fast as she was digging it out. The possum was big enough to scare even me. The squirrel was cooperative... (never pose for the guy with the rifle and scope). Jeff (Hunter's assistant) Rice

"oldcarfart" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

climate is against us, plus taxes.. PLUS its CHEAPER there than here. and money rules --Shiva--

Reply to
me

I dont know if you all know this but I do Dog Rescue: Rhonda's Miniature Schnauzer Rescue

This has been really upsetting to all the Rescue Groups. Here we are trying like crazy to save these guys and some of us accidentally poisoned them. Allot of the groups right now are just making their own dog food. I cant say enough for the Peope of Petagree Dog food. That Company really-really supports Rescue. Just like Hubby, all my rescues sleep with me. Right now I've got two at my feet and Sam laying on Couch with other......Life is so Grand......

Rhonda aka Red2ubabe Rhonda's Miniature Schnauzer Rescue

Reply to
Red2ubabe

Thanks for the informative answer Gordon. I just heard today about the wheat gluten.

One of my cats once puked lizard all over the wall and rug.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

I know of 3 or 4 Studebaker people on-line that are also in rescue groups. We do Westies. We feed them 1/2 or 2/3 cup moistened kibble and 1/2 cup cooked ground turkey or sometimes lean hamburger, and a table spoon of either canned pumpkin, or brown rice. Even my 'Border-Poo' mixed breed gets the same food and they really thrive on it.

Reply to
Dwain G.

Even my 'Border-Poo' mixed breed gets the same food and they really thrive on it. _______________________ Border-Poo must be one smart dog (so what's he doing on the "Cats" string?). You know the light-bulb joke, where the border collie changes the bulb and also brings your wiring up to code? Border-poo could therefore get you off the grid and onto, oh I dunno, mebbe truffle voltage?

It's probably a mark of how Political the NG no longer is... that no one has mentioned widespread rumors that this was a test run for some kind of human poisoning.

Reply to
comatus

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Certainly has crossed my mind. I bought frozen tilapia filets at Sams- farm raised in China! Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson