Pioneer Auto Museum in South Dakota

If you're ever traveling Interstate 90 in South Dakota and you wonder if it's worth stopping for, I'd say yes. An Erskine, a Rockne, Lark, GT Hawk and a '64 Avanti, among others, and an original Stude dealer neon sign, etc, etc. Lots of other orphan make stuff too.

My wife and I stopped there in the early 90's last time and we were stunned with the selection but surprised how some cars sat just under an open carport type set up. Since then, almost all of the cars have been moved inside more protective pole buildings. Quite a collection, with many other interesting antique items too.

Reply to
Kevin Wolford

Sounds a little like Warp's Pioneer Village a few miles off I-80 in Nebraska. They have 12 or 13 Studebakers in their 350-car collection. Of course they have much more than just cars- 20 buildings of stuff- airplanes, tractors, outboard motors, household appliances and on and on. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Reply to
itraseecab

Stopped there on my way to Rapid City in 1999, They told me they had one of 3 52 Commander Convertibles know to exsist! I asked them if mine was inclded in that, they said I didn't have one, until I went to my car (not the 52) and showed them my pictures during restoration! They still didn't believe me.

Jim

Reply to
diskbrake1