Power seats on a 56 Commander

My wife wants me to put power seats on the 56 wagon. But I don't want to change the seats that are in there. Any suggestions. I am 6-2 and she is 5-5 so it is alot of pulling on the seat

Reply to
studeluver

Try and find a set of Lincoln Versailles split bench seats. You won't regret it...

JT

" snipped-for-privacy@pe>

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Install OEM power seats!

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn.
Reply to
Barry

just take the bottom cushion out and lube the sliders real well, make sure that the latches release smoothly and easily, and make sure all springs are in place. Have her try it and see if she still wants power seats.

good luck

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

bucket seat on her 65 Mustang.

I hear what you're saying but IME any car over 5 years old needs a good greasing of the seat tracks to work well, even on a 15 year old VW a good cleaning with some carb cleaner and a toothbrush and some synthetic bearing grease made the difference between having the adjustment be a chore and being able to adjust the seat easily even without having to sit in it (important back when I still lived with my parents; my mom is shorter enough than I that I can't physically get behind the wheel if she doesn't move the seat back before getting out of the car.)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

bucket seat on her 65 Mustang.

Reply to
studeluver

Rent a back-hoe?

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

Power seat frames change the driving position. The track is entirely different. I put Power Seats in my Hawk, the front to rear motion also changes the pitch of the seat. Think twice. Plus you will need to make the floor thicker where the screw motor is secured. BG

Reply to
Bill Glass