Project R2 GT

Pat, picked up my project 64 R2 GT and all the parts today and is taking it to the Red Bull warehouse. One of his employees will bolt the heads to the bare block, attach the bell housing and tranny and set it on the frame. He'll have the new headliner installed with all the glass and pack up the parts inside and ship the car east.

As I was on the phone asking about parts that were not on the car I was almost jumping up and down. He found a NOS grill shell in the box with a NOS hood ornament and R2 badge mounted. All the gages, switches and bezels are NOS and so is the overlay, plus 2 more overlays in the factory boxes. The $2600 Phantom Interior is still in the boxes except the upholstery which is installed on the seats.

Lot's of extra parts that were replaced with NOS just for show, like a wiper motor, old gages and the like. It'll be like working on the factory line, more then a restoration on this baby, pictures coming soon. I have 28K in parts and restoration receipts from the P.O., and will keep track of all the money I spend, but this could be a record setting GT when done, both in money spent and sale price.

First peek here:

John Poulos

Pat hit it with his California duster:

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Slight correction, haven't found the grill shell yet, I said it was the grill with R2 badge. There's a lot of pretty stuff in there, though. You're gonna have fun with this one.

That iPhone takes pretty good pictures, eh?

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Boy oh Boy...That is one nice trailer the R2 is on JP...

Yes ok the real point I have is...it was just a good feeling to hear that you were jumping for joy that you got a good deal there...After doing so many deals it must be nice to still get that cool feeling...The car will be very nice when your done...good luck...Will be looking for your pictures then...

Lansing

To e-mail me remove the X from my E - address...

Reply to
Lansing Small

Reply to
Pat Drnec