PS control valve ball stud kit

Anyone know of an aftermaket ball stud "kit" for the power steering control valves? Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Do you mean the ball itself is worn out? Old Fords use a bolt in ball stud. It's supposed to be possible to drill the old one out; and use it. Mike M.

Reply to
Mike

I haven't seen the unit apart yet, owner seems to think it is too loose. I did see it still on the car and it does appear to be much sloppier than the normal amount. I recon I could drag one off a parts car if the unit is shot, just figured I would ask and see if anyone knew of some aftermarket stuff that would work. Years ago I went thru a lot of control valves on Corvettes but I don't think they are quite the same....can't rememember if I ever pirated parts from one of those. IIRC, the Ford units had a bushing inside them along with the ball stud and it's "cups" I will drag out my OLD books tomorrow.. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Bob Johnstone's site,

, has pictures of the Ford control valve, with the removable ball stud. I'm not sure if the hole in the pitman arm is tapered or not. Mike M. .

Reply to
Mike

Total brain fade...too many things going on.. Now I remember what I was trying to do... I confoosed the two units (Stude and Corvette) Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George