PURE STOCK DRAGS

Hey fellas!

Wow...I was surprised to to see such a limited response concerning the Pure Stock Drags and our forthcoming shootout!?! Is the interest in racing waning, or just people not chiming in? I hope the latter.

So, has the PBW been to the track this year yet? How did the tranny swap go...help or hurt? Cured that wheelhop yet? I'm still looking for solutions!

I've only had the yellow car out 3 times this year, the latest being the Factory Stock Drags in Norwalk. It was running fairly consistent 12.8x's a the first 2 outings (Martin, MI, and Memphis, TN) until I went to Norwalk, where the pickup tube in the tranny fell out TWICE, but there was only enough time to repair it once, so I only made 1 run in the shootout before it quit. A 1500+ mile roundtrip to make 4 runs...not fun. I also had to tear down the carb a couple of times to fix minute problems...this car just LOVES to keep me on my toes!

I hope all is well in Stude-land, and I can't wait to see you all again in September. Oh, did I mention the car ran a 12.79...?

Rob Clary Yenko Pilot

Reply to
Rob Clary

Video of Ted Harbit practicing against a MOPAR. (from the SDC Forum.)

John Poulos

Ted kind of beat up on the guy didn't he?

Jeff DeWitt

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
Pat Drnec

I wonder what the guy he beat felt like after loosing to a "Studebaker"?

Reply to
Bill Glass

This video should be on National TV. Or maybe played at the Barrett Jackson Auction just before the auction of a Mopar Muscle car. I had the joy of beating a number of so called Muscle cars during the 60's while drag racing in the Houston area. I've owned several Studebakers from the time I was 15. A 56 GH, 53 Coupe with a 374 Packard Engine w/dual quads, 55 Coupe w/R1 4 speed. Once after winning my class, a strip judge who heard me shift 4 times down the strip came up to my car while I was sitting behind the wheel and said, "I didn't think Studebakers had a 4 speed in 1955." I saw him as he was approaching, so I had put my pants leg over the floor shift. I had not removed the column shift arm, so I put my hand on it and said, "They did have overdrive." He said, "Oh, I forgot about that." I bet that's the fastest he ever seen a car shift into overdrive. They did manage to disqualify me because I had welded oil filter housings between the exhaust pipes and would remove the caps when racing. They said the exhaust outlets were to big around.

Allen

Bill Glass wrote:

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

Which of your cars was the fastest?

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

To Be honest Jeff he shamed him off the track...Very cool guy that Ted...Great run for Studebakers...

Lansing

To e-mail me remove the X from my E - address...

Reply to
Lansing Small

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/studebaker/200706/1 The best ET at Osceola was 13.22 @ 108.32 mph. That was the qualifying time we phoned in to Michigan. At Michigan, the best ET was 13.21 @ 109.50.

Thanks for all the nice things said. Don't know that we are that deserving but appreciate it.

Ted & Mary Ann

Reply to
tedharbit

Ted if you make it to 73 and can still get up to the lights , as you do so well believe me you deserve every nice word said about you...Good man and wish you the best of health...