question on model 44 differential..?

Hi all, I have a question about the rear end that came out of my 63 Champ pickup. It clearly has the casting #44 in the right place on the rear end. So... I think it is a model 44... it has 4.27 ratio marked on the tag. The Shop manual designates the rear end for 8E5 1/2 ton trucks as a spicer #2211... does anyone know of any relationship between Dana and Spicer??? what gives here with the difference in numbers? Maybe it is just my limited knowledge of differentials... Or maybe my truck's differential was not factory...? Thanks, Mike M.

63Champ 65Commander
Reply to
Mike M.

Mike the Spicer #2211 is same thing as Dana 44. Dont know why the truck div called it Spicer 2211 maybe a marketing thing or something. It is different from the car rear , bigger bearings etc.

Reply to
Transtar60

Yes. Chapter 11.

Reply to
comatus

OK and thanks for all the great info! Dana is the same as the spicer

2211... I thought it must be something like that... glad to have it verified. Regards, Mike M. 63champ 65commander
Reply to
Mike M.