R1 vacuum?

What do you guys normally see for vacuum gauge readings on a well-tuned, stock R1? I finally got my vacuum gauge hooked up today and I am guessing that I have some tuning to do. I suspect that I need to do some tweaking on both timing and fuel mixture, but I would like to know what I'm shooting for before I frustrate myself trying to get the readings higher than possible.

thanks,

nate

Reply to
N8N

Nate, if you're looking at a factory Stude gage back up your tuning with another gage. My gage always looks a little low compared to my real vacuum gage.

Ernie R

Reply to
Big E

I am; it's out of an extra 56J dash I had laying around. I think I will visit my FLAPS and pick up another one, although vacuum does seem to drop off dramatically at low idle, is this normal?

nate

Big E wrote:

Reply to
N8N