radiator dimensions

couple of questions:

1) are the dimensions of a '58 Golden Hawk radiator the same as a '55 C/K radiator?? 2) can someone give me the dimensions of a '55 C/K radiator: a) core thickness b) core width c) core highth d) total highth; tot of top tank to bottom of bottom tank Thanks in advance Dexter
Reply to
dwcars

The 56 and later Hawks have much higher radiators. What are you trying to accomplish?

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

no, the '58 is taller and the inlet is in a different spot on the top tank. otherwise they *are* similar- the lower tank may be the same or close.

I should find this out for my own info; need to get my '55 coupe's rad recored at some point but I just haven't had time to pull it.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Dexter, I have a '55 President coupe rad at home, in good shape, all boxed up. Came from a running car. I got it along with the entire power train. I sure could take dimensions off it, once I get home, which SHOULD happen this weekend. I could do a 3-view drawing, plus lay it on a large sheet of paper and trace the outline. Let me know if you need this, and I'll try to get it done.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

I was just thinking and guess what? The radiator in my '55 Prez sedan came from a '55 Prez coupe that I have in the country. It was recored to four row around 2001 and has sat in the car (that has gone no where since). The top tank is of ribbed design which should make a capable of

13 psi.

I might be willing to deal this out...

JT

(Who would like to retrofit a later tall radiator for the sedan)

dwcars wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire