Radiator heaven..

Well, had a long talk with the radiator guy and it turns out he is not the jerk I thought he was. He has been overworked since his dad retired and can't find any help that is worth a crap. Not even a delivery driver. He is now the ONLY place left in town working on metal radiators and the other "radiator shops" are sending all their metal radiators to him. We talked about my radiator and decided to do away with the bucket header and use a generic heavy duty three row core with a flat header and my tank. He built it and I installed it this morning. Some very slight fitment trouble, but that was my fault for giving him an old saddle to use as a jig and it was slightly off...I guess it was bent a tad... Anyway, the car is running right at one-sixty in today's heat; 90+. I let it sit an idle for TWENTY MINUTES and it went up to where it USED to run at; about one-seventy-five or one-eighty. Took it for a long ride a little while ago and it was slightly UNDER one-sixty on the gauge. Sixty plus MPH with some seventy thrown in for a few miles. This car has never run hot, but it's never run this cool, either! Now I'm ready to finally hang my AC on it..well..almost...still need a couple things and the biggest thing is TIME. Too many customer cars in line first... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George