Radiator neeeded

I am looking for a 1955 K bodied Studebaker radiator in good shape. Anyone has one or knows a good shop to recore this for a good price? Email me directly at snipped-for-privacy@mac.com. R.Kapteyn

Reply to
RBK.

I'm sure you know this but I figure I'd point this out; there were two different radiators for '55 and the later of the two had a deeply ribbed tank and a 13 lb. pressure cap, if that is what you have you're probably better off having it recored rather than using an earlier one. I don't think this is documented anywhere but in the service bulletins, IIRC the change was concurrent with the introduction of the "ultra-vista" models, dropping the 224ci engine, etc.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Not necessarily, as a old style ribless radiators. However, my '55 Prez sedan does have a ribbed one courtesy of the '55 Prez coupe at the farm. I had a four row core put in in 2001.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire