Radio Dial Update

Just a follow-up on the earlier thread:

I indeed found a replacement dial, repro, seems like the last one on planet Earth. This radio (which was filthy from end to end) is now finished and ready to ship out.

As it turns out I still don't have a good means of making these, but I've learned a lot and received some good ideas. One thing about the internet, and sophisticated home printers, a lot of this type of thing has become available where it would have been impossible just a few years ago. I personally don't want to get into the dial-making business, but I've got more resources than before, and next time the procurement process will be easier.

Thanks again everyone for all your ideas.

Reply to
Gary Tayman

Gary,

just a thought; if you have a good scanner you may wish to scan the artwork on all the *good* dials that come your way in the course of repairing radios, that way if you end up with a bad one that needs to be reprinted/replaced, you then have a library to draw on.

My offer of setting up a run with my local engraving/silkscreening place is still good; we do a lot of business with this particular company and the guy seems to think that radio dials are probably easier than his bread and butter work.

nate

Reply to
N8N