Rags to riches TV show

Another show that will tick you off on occasion. Tonight I'm watching them rod a 6,800 mile Torino that still had the factory tires. It was a little painful to watch them cut and weld on the unmolested car. At least it wasn't a Studebaker. I know buying a car in that shape makes sense, but still sad to see them toss all the like new parts. JP/Maryland Studebaker On the Net

My Ebay items:
Daytona HT

64 Daytona Convert. 64 R2 4 speed Challenger 63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk 63 R1 GT Hawk 63 Avanti R1/AC 63 Avanti R2/4 speed 62 Daytona HT 62 Lark 2 door 60 Hawk
Reply to
John Poulos

Just watched it and turned it off. What a mess. Crappy colour, stupid looking amateur graphics, headers that are WAY to low, lousy looking exhaust, bad tire size choice/mix/size, Under-seat speakers (didn't know you could still buy those!) bad mix of old/new and a 7000 mile original car wasted.

Not impressed at all. Friggin' Coddington wannabe and Coddington's a goof.

Rob

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Rob Stokes

Do you mean Wrecks to Riches?

Mark

65 Cruiser
Rob Stokes wrote:
Reply to
Mark Anderson

I stopped watching thoses shows when Coddington found a cherry model "A" PU and tossed the hard to find parts in a heap just so they could make a rod. In the end it looked like any model "A" rod....nothing special.

Dave

1963 Avanti R1 3sp. R1493
Reply to
mcavanti

I get a kick out of his recruiting outside slave labor under the guise of being on a cable TV show. Then they hype the value by quoting list price for everything (that was donated under the same schtic) Then they totally underblow the hours of labor it took to to the job.... And then the cars don't sell at the 'B' tour auctions.... I thought the 'in house' Camaro job was more representative of their combined talents.

He sells a retro-efi kit in the magazines (hat turns out to be built by someone else).. Lot of complaints about it on other forums.

My beef about almost all of these shows? There's no love for what's being done to that vehicle. Jst get it done, and get it out. Even Overhauling is like that. Lie, steal, and cheat....buit the end result will make you fake your surprise.

As far as the choice of what car to do on TV? Makes sense. How can you do all the work in the timeframe of a shooting schedule if you have to do hard stuff? They said they did the whole Torino in 200 hours. Shoot, it takes Nate that long to choose an oil filter .....

Jeff (I'll pimp my own ride...) Rice

Reply to
Jeff Rice

One more reason why I seldom watch TV anymore. When I do it's usually history channel or such. To quote "The Boss", "57 channels and nothin' on". That was a few years ago and the song remains the same..only the number of channels has changed... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Yessir! The only thing worse is the number of forums on the 'net... Jeff

"Studebaker George" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

I'm waiting for the day on Overhaulin' when a guy sees his pimped out vehicle and says, "That's not how I wanted it done... put it back".

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I have to agrreeee with all said here...What a waste just to make a show and added in the talking head girls like they knew something...

What is it with Coddington the last while...he can't keep people working for him...He does not get it what her does puts spit in his soup...Even sold out the wheel business that his ex wife worked at...She cried as she packed up and left the show...And the best man he had sadly has died...Roy was cool...

They should do a A&E Bio on who and how he got where he is now???...Must have won a lotto to get started...

Lansing

Reply to
ConcreteGuy

Jeff,Yes that's true about all the go no where forms on the net... ...But for my money this is the best on the ball group , on line here now...never miss it cause I can learn something here...Real people talking real stuff...and I get the latest weather news from everyone here...so I know I am doing ok living in Cape Breton Island...

Lans>Yessir!

Reply to
ConcreteGuy

I didn't realize this show was still on... then after I found it I realized why I haven't seen it. It's on the same time as Two and a Half Men. Reading up on the episode guide I realize that I haven't missed much... same broken record with different car and people.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
John Poulos

You can say what you will about Nate...But he has a good friend in John P...

That makes all the difference for Nate...

Lansing

Please remove the X to e-mail me...I get spam here daily

Reply to
ConcreteGuy

Reply to
John Poulos

Did some googling this morning about Wrecks to Riches. If you've seen many shows, you'll note that a gentleman by the name of Ardell Brown buys many of the cars that are turned out on that show. Ardell Brown is a very wealthy car collector. Look what he has in his collection:

Mark

65 Cruiser
John Poulos wrote:
Reply to
Mark Anderson

I wasn't slamming this forum. I like it here (because I haven't been thrown out yet )... I do read several, and enjoy them. My only gripe is to see something asked here, and then cut and pasted into three other forums.. Sometimes by someone wanting to be 'first', even though it was out there for a while somewhere's else. Simple peeve, but I am a simple guy.... Jeff (And Nate knows I am just joshing him ) Rice

"C> Jeff,Yes that's true about all the go no where forms on the net...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

That is not the first time ol' Boyd has gotten out of the wheel business (at the cost of his investors) Good workers don't tend to hang around with crooks. Dunno if this is the case here (legal disclaimer )...but my gut tells me about human nature and I can smell a crook a cable TV mile away..

"ConcreteGuy" wrote..

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Damn. I was hoping if I left you to your own devices long enough my car would magically reassemble itself :)

I have gotten nothing ordered this week BTW, this "real job" thing is killing me. But I did talk to Dave T. yesterday and for all you '61 Hawk or bench seat Lark guys, he's working on a Hurst shifter for me and apparently just hasn't done one yet because he didn't have a factory shift lever to copy (I fixed that problem.) Reason I am using a '61 Hawk shift lever is because I would like to make my car look as close to factory as possible, so no bucket seats (yes, I KNOW that there were no 4-speeds in '55, but there are some things that just have to be done...) I didn't like the looks of the "recommended" Hurst lever for the bench seat cars, a little too "Ed Roth" for my taste.

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
N8N

That's bad enough, but how about the guys that get a good answer here, then ask again else where ? I've even answered the same guy with the same question on two forums, days apart. I don't mind the same posts passing on some information to try and reach those that only read one or the other, I do that.

Reply to
John Poulos