Re: Clutch?

Sorry, I did not put year of car.

It's a 59 Lark.

Wiz.

The taxi cabs used a bigger cluch, check withe SASCO to see what flywheel and bell housing was used. You might be able have your flywheel redrilled if the bell housing is the same. Wizard of Oz wrote:

--
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com

John- I believe that the taxi cabs used the V8 bellhousing with the special adapter plate that replaces the normal six cylinder rear engine plate. I think too that the 8.5" pressure plate is assembled with the same cover as the 8" pressure plate so no drilling of the flywheel should be necessary.

Paul V

Paul, Thats only when the 10.5 clutch was used(used only with the V8 bellhousing and tranny). The specific parts are addressed in the parts book.

Paul Villforth wrote:

They even list a different engine block for the taxi.