Re: Clutch?

Threaded View

Sorry, I did not put year of car.

It's a 59 Lark.

Wiz.

Re: Clutch?

The taxi cabs used a bigger cluch, check withe SASCO to see what
flywheel and bell housing was used. You might be able have your flywheel
redrilled if the bell housing is the same.

JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com
Re: Clutch?

John- I believe that the taxi cabs used the V8 bellhousing with the special
adapter plate that replaces the normal six cylinder rear engine plate. I
think too that the 8.5" pressure plate is assembled with the same cover as
the 8" pressure plate so no drilling of the flywheel should be necessary.

Paul V

Re: Clutch?

Paul,
Thats only when the 10.5 clutch was used(used only with the V8
bellhousing and tranny). The specific parts are addressed in the parts book.

Re: Clutch?

They even list a different engine block for the taxi.

JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com

Site Timeline