Received $2850.00 today

I got a FedEx envelope in the mail from my English-impaired Nigerian friend who bought my transmission on ebay a couple of week ago. It contained 3 money orders for $950.00 from WalMart. They had consecutive serial #'s on them, but looked like fakes. I mailed them to the FBI, along with copies of the correspondence I had from the con. The agent I spoke with told me that the Nigerian govt. would not cooperate at all with the FBI in investigating fraud originating from that nation, but they were very interested in the MO's because they were sent from a US address. They get hundreds of complaints about these Nigerian scammers. I was not able to sucessfully file a complaint with Yahoo, but I'll bet the FBI will get all of the info they have on him, and maybe at least trace his stateside partner in crime. The cons are sending me emails today, expectantly waiting for me to wire their $$ to them. Happy waiting, boys! lol! I will at least cost them as much money and aggrivation as they cost me. I just now got another email from another Nigerian, offering me about the same deal. Fourth one this week.

Barry

Reply to
Barry

You should talk to the agent handling your case and see if he can get you a "legitimate" bank draft to send him and when he goes to cash it he'd be screwed.

Reply to
Dale J.

Hi Barry..is that one of those scams, where they send fake cheques or Money orders , then get you to send some of the money back ?

Reply to
Tex

That is their plan, Duane. They sent me the bogus checks, & are now waiting for me to wire them the $$. The FBI & Scotland Yard could team up to bust these bozos if they wanted to. They are guilty of forgery & international conspiracy to commit fraud.

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400"
Reply to
Barry

Barry..did they get the tranny yet ?

Reply to