Room at the Inn (Holiday Inn - South Bend)

Well, most of you who know me, know I never do things like make reservations for lodging early. But I did it this time. I made my reservations for the Holiday Inn in South Bend for the International Meet today. Let me warn you that some folks at the hotel are not aware that the International Meet is going to be held there and/or don't know the dates. One lady tried to convince me it was the first week in June. So make sure you give them the right dates and that your confirmation notice also has the correct dates. When I got my emailed confirmation I saw that there was a $5 per day parking fee. Well, I don't get to the big city much so I was a little surprised about this (Shades of Charlotte). I called back and the lady with whom I spoke confirmed that indeed there is a $5 charge for parking each day. She seemed somewhat surprised that I would question this since I was getting a good rate for the event week. I saw, on the confirmation notice, that PC members don't have to pay for parking, so I asked her about this. She said I could become a PC member and that she would take care of it. It costs nothing! So I am a Holiday Inn PC and I will have and extra $25 bucks to spend. Hey -- I am supposed to be cheap -er frugal-- I own a Studebaker! So when you make your reservations, if you are not already a PC member, become one.

Joe Roberts

Reply to
itraseecab