Sad

Really, really sad.

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

What am I missing Dave ? What is so sad?

Reply to
studeblu

Lot's o' thangs...

  1. (Nearly) everyone fled to the SDC Forum to avoid free speech here.

  1. Spring has arrived but will soon be replaced by summer heat.

  2. The guv'ment this year has out spent the previous administration(s) in one giant swoop.

  1. My cat is knocked up.

  2. I have go on a (fire ant) killin' spree again.

  1. I have too many freakin' projects.

  2. In less than a year, I'll reach the magical age of 70.

  1. My booz stash is still in storage in RI instead of being here.

  2. I cannot decide what to have for lunch today.

  1. The battery in the '55 Prez crapped out.

That ain't all but it's a start.

Have a loverly day...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

JT pretty well summed it up.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Lester

Here, these should cheer you up! Bone stock except for the wheels. A true survivor. Click on this link and view the ;slideshow'. Dexter

Dexter Warrington

forecast for here is TEENS for the low Monday, high 30

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

It's actually nice (e.g. not cold and/or raining) here on a weekend for the first time since York, but I'm still trying to get my kitchen back together... darn!

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Well Dave I still like this NG better than the Forum. It my be slow here but I have more time to work on my cars. I do read some of the forum now and then. The one time I tried to an some ones question the know it alls there let me know that seeing as I did not have a 1000 post that I did not know what I am talking about. So ill still stick with this NG till I am the only one on here.

Reply to
studeblu

Well, I'm not sad, I'm busy at work. Just pulled a core from the well, and found a tiny narrow band of fracture zone, full of rhombic crystals of calcite looking like a load of cardboard cartons spilled off a UPS truck. Really pretty. I took some photos, and maybe I'll post one on photobucket when I get the time.

I pop in here and read from time to time, but unless there is a thread that interests me, I don't comment. The SDC Forum gets a lot more action, so I tend to spend time where the action is. Also, because it supports pictures and links better. I can't post pics or view them in the NG, and if I want to open a link, I have to wait for my browser to spool up. On the Forum, the browser is already spooled up, so links open instantly.

It's all about the convenience, really. Bob Shaw sure does not have a heavy hand as moderator, IMHO.

By the way, I am currently at work on Ch**y 4.3 liter Vortec V6 that is going to go into a '65 Commander 2-door post. That's right, I'm going over to the Dark Side. Oh, wait, it was already ON the Dark Side, with its 194 six. I guess I'm just going to a newer shade of dark, LOL. The engine came out of a 2003 GMC S15 pickup, that got wrecked (not badly) and then burned (badly) in a grass fire. All the EFI pieces got cremated, so I have ordered an Edlebrock Performer manifold and 500 CFM carb from JEGS, and they are awaiting my pickup at Dick Steinkamp's place in Bellingham. I tore the engine down, and the owner of the engine shop where I deal said he'd never seen a 4.3 crank and bearings in better shape than what I had, so I'm simply giving the bores a hone, and will pop in new rings and leave the bottom end alone. I will lap the valves on their seats with compound, and call it good, unless problems reveal themselves on disassembly.

I traded the S15's 4L80E automatic in a a rebuild for an old 700R4 I had on hand, so the finished car will have a 4.3 Vortec V6, 4 barrel, duals (of course), and a 4 speed OD automatic. Should out-perform a stock 259, by reason of weight and gearing. And, let me tell you, it's costing more, too.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

had the same thing happen to me, ONCE... haven't cut a Stude key in months, but I am OK with that...

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Was reading the last story and thinking this person has made some good deals and I hoped it all worked out ok...Then at the end I see it's Gordon, that cool Canadian from out West...Made my day to know he was on here...He does so many interesting things...

Well Dave it will be 9 more years for me to make it to 70....If I do in fact...So You already did well and have seen more good life then I did. so far..Spring is here and time to be happy cause...Your in the best news group on the internet here...

Lansing

Reply to
lansing

Gord I had a 4.3 in an Astro Van and that was a great engine. I towed a camp trailer all over with that van it still returned good gas mileage

Reply to
studeblu

Things are looking up. My cat is no longer knocked up, and there is some traffic on the NG.

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave Lester

That stinks!

Reply to
Dave Lester

Strange thing...

A fellow that has recently been branded as a troll by BAMS over on the SDC forum posted a new thread here a couple of days ago in response to JT's observation in this thread, "1. (Nearly) everyone fled to the SDC Forum to avoid free speech here."

That thread/question was ignored, and has since gone away.

I understand it being ignored, but how did it go away?

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave Lester

You want some more kittens?

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Dave Don't know what happened to it and Im not sure I even remember the post

Reply to
Jerry Kaiser

My news service dumps read messages after a short period of time. Maybe that's what happened. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

You are too kind... no, thanks. Not sure how many I have now, haven't seen them yet.

DL

Reply to
Dave Lester